Photo courtesy of Brenda Tibbetts
Shown at left is the 1935 Cooks Clippers basketball team. Pictured are, back row from left, Coach Bill Collins, Harold Knuth, Jim Tebo, Harold Bouschor, and Roy Mortensen. In the front row, from left, are Harold Carley, Stan Brew, Matthew Lakosky, Frank Hartman, and John Haindl. Cooks was founded in 1883 when John C. Cook built a sawmill there. The community was originally named Cook’s Mills before being shortened to Cooks.