Hot stove causes fire in large wooden sauna

ESCANABA — A sauna at an Escanaba residence was damaged by fire Saturday night, according to Escanaba Public Safety which responded to the 9:21 p.m. emergency call at 429 S. 29th St. No injuries were reported.

Officials determined the cause of the blaze was due to the wood stove inside the large wooden sauna becoming too hot and starting one of the walls on fire.

Upon arrival, firefighters were able to knock down the flames within minutes, preventing any damage to the nearby residence, which was 10 feet from the sauna. The officers remained at the scene for about an hour.

Escanaba Public Safety was assisted by Escanaba city electric personnel, Rampart Emergency Medical Services, and Delta County Central Dispatch Center.

COMMENTS