MDOT plans meetings across U.P.
ESCANABA — The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) has scheduled a series of annual public input sessions to discuss the department’s Five-Year Transportation Program and the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP).
Three meetings to present and discuss the plans are scheduled in locations throughout MDOT’s Superior Region to accommodate residents of the region’s 15 counties:
– Sault Ste. Marie (Chippewa, Luce, and Mackinac counties)
– Escanaba (Alger, Delta, Dickinson, Marquette, Menominee, and Schoolcraft counties)
– Houghton (Baraga, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, and Ontonagon counties.
The public input meetings will begin at 1 p.m. They are scheduled:
– Thursday, May 2, M-TEC at Bay College, Room 2020, 2000 North 30th St., Escanaba
– Friday, May 3, Houghton City Hall, 616 Shelden Ave., Houghton
– Monday, May 6, International Bridge Administration, James McIntyre Conference Room, 934 Bridge Plaza, Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
Accommodations can be made for persons with disabilities and limited English-speaking ability. Large print materials, auxiliary aids or the services of interpreters, signers, or readers available upon request. Please call 517-335-4381 [Call: 517-335-4381] to request at least seven days before meeting date.
MDOT’s Five-Year Transportation Program, as well as a searchable map of projects, is available at www.Michigan.gov/MDOT5YearPlan.