MANISTIQUE - A lawn mower is suspected to have helped cause a fire that destroyed a garage in Manistique this past weekend, according to Manistique Public Safety.
No injuries were reported.
Firefighters were dispatched to a garage fire at 512 N. Mackinac Ave. at 10:37 p.m. Saturday.
Upon arrival, the structure was engulfed in flames, police stated in a news release.
Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control within a half hour and remained at the scene for a total of three hours.
The garage and its contents were a total loss.
The owner's residence and a neighbor's home were also damaged from the fire.
A lawn mower which was put in the garage about 20 minutes prior to the fire being seen, is believed to have contributed to the cause of the blaze, stated police.
Assisting at the scene were Hiawatha Township Fire Department, Sault Tribal Police, and Michigan State Police.