Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Staff Contacts | Affiliates | Home RSS
 
 
 

Morning fire damages home in Escanaba

January 7, 2013
Daily Press

ESCANABA - An Escanaba home was heavily damaged by fire and smoke due to a chimney fire early this morning, said Escanaba Public Safety. No one was injured.

The homeowner reported the chimney fire at 12:32 a.m. at 1701 5th Ave. S. Upon the arrival of firefighters, smoke was rolling from the structure's eves and chimney. The occupants were evacuated from the home which was filling up with smoke.

Flames were also observed between the ceiling and chimney.

Firefighters were able to control the fire in about a half-hour, saving the structure which did sustain heavy fire, smoke and water damage.

The family was provided a hotel room with the assistance of the Red Cross.

The Delta County Sheriff's Department and Rampart Emergency Medical Service assisted at the scene.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web