Know the facts.
The Republicans are not telling the truth. They are using distortions and untruths to mislead voters.
They have sent mail to people in the 108th District, painting a negative image of working families and union members who have earned pensions. This is wrong. These are people like you, your friends and neighbors. These attacks must stop.
I have proposed repealing the new pension tax, reducing taxes on our seniors and working families, as well as restoring funding for our children's education. I would not take money from seniors, working families and children, and call that balancing the budget.
Know the facts - Representative McBroom voted for the following:
1. A new pension tax on our seniors
2. Significantly reduced the Homestead Property Tax Credit
3. Significantly reduced the Earned Income Tax Credit for working families
4. Eliminated the $2,400 exemption for seniors
5. Eliminated the $600 child tax exemption for working families
6. Cut nearly $1 billion from our children's education
Daily I hear the concerns of our residents. People who remember when education was supported, jobs were more than a promise and retirement was more than a dream. Please focus on the issues that are important and don't be distracted by misleading and false advertising.
Partisanship makes entertaining politics but not good policy. The citizens of the 108th District deserve better. Be informed - know the facts.