Veterans Day ceremony set for Saturday
ESCANABA — A Veterans Dayceremony will be held on Saturday, Nov. 11, at 11 a.m. at the Gardens of Rest Cemetery.
Welcome and opening remarks will be made by Craig Woerpel followed by the invocation by Chaplin Carl Johnson, Marine Corps League detachment 444.
The program is as follows:
– Pledge of Allegiance: Lead by Art Menard, Marine Corps League Detachment 444, commander
– Singing of the National Anthem: Kelly Smith
– Ringing of the Bell for those sailors and soldiers lost at sea: Fred Charles, Marine Corps League Detachment #444
– Recognize military organization present: VFW 2998, American Legion 82, DAV 24, Marine Corps League 444,Viet Nam Vets, Amvets 123, Auxiliary members Veterans Council. Elks Lodge 354, Eagles
– Guest speaker: Dennis Grall, twice wounded Marine, Viet Nam
– Announcements: Open house at Vet Center (located in Willow Creek Office building)
– DeLta County Jaycees are honoring veterans with an appreciation dinner at the Island Resort and Casino.
– Good of the Order: announcements:
Amvets Post 123, under the direction of John Anderson, will present the gun salute. “Taps” will be played by Laura Sliva, a sophomore at Escanaba Area High School.