Food distribution schedule announced
ESCANABA — The Menominee-Delta-Schoolcraft Community Action Agency Emergency Food Assistance Program (quarterly distribution) has been scheduled for early September. The distribution is taking place one week later than usual.
The program is for residents who qualify with household income below 200 percent (1 person-$2,010/month, two people-$2,707/month) of the federal poverty guidelines.
Residents do not have to pre-register but must self-declare their income at the time of receiving commodities. There is no age limit.
All food items are available on a first come, first serve basis. List of items to be distributed is not available.
For more information, contact your local Senior Center, or Community Action at (906) 786-7080, or visit www.mdscaa.org.
Delta County distributions are scheduled for:
– Escanaba (786-8850) – Friday, Sept. 15, 9 a.m. to noon. It usually takes place at U.P. State Fairgrounds Butler Building, but this distribution will take place at the Fairgrounds Miracle of Life Building. Follow the signs.
– Gladstone (428-2201) — Friday, Sept. 15, Gladstone Senior Center, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Rock-perkins (356-6420) – Thursday, Sept. 14, Rock Senior Center, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
– Rapid River (474-9039) – Wednesday, Sept. 13, Rapid River Omni Center, 10-noon.
– Garden (341-2452) – Wednesday, Sept. 13, Garden Community Center, 2-3 p.m.
Menominee County distributions are scheduled for:
– Menominee (863-2158) – Friday, Sept. 15, Menominee Senior Center, 8-11 a.m.
– Mid County — (753-6986) – Wednesday, Sept. 13, Mid County Senior Center in Daggett, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
– Hermansville (498-7736) – Friday, Sept. 15, Hermansville Senior/Community Center, 9-noon, 1-2.
Schoolcraft County distributions are scheduled for:
– Manistique (341-2452) – Thursday, Sept. 14, Manistique VFW Hall, 8:30-noon.
– Germfask (586-9697) – Thursday, Sept. 14, Germfask Township Hall, 9-noon.